St Peter’s Ladies Guild was founded by Rev. Sister Ita Ling in 1976.
The objectives of its formation were to uphold the dignity of women in the Parish and to provide for them an arena in which they could belong and can have a place to express themselves in contributing to the liturgical and pastoral works of the church.
The Guild has 15 Active members and 35 Life members and is a member of the Kuching Archdiocese Ladies Guild. The Vice Chairlady of the Kuching Archdiocese Ladies Guild for the period 2017-2020 is from St Peter’s Parish. Meeting is held every 2 months’ on a Saturday.
- Christmas Carolling, bringing cheers to old and present Ladies Guild.
- Co-ordinator for Chinese New Year Parish Open House after mass on the first day of Chinese New Year.
- Participate in the Association of Churches Women World Day of Prayers and the Outreach program to visit longhouses.
- Lenten Pilgrimage with the Parish to Mt. Singai.
- Participate in leading the rosary in Church during the months of May and October.
- Assist in the organisation of the St Peter’s Feast Day fellowship after the morning mass.
- Attending the annual Recollection organised by the Archdiocese Ladies Guild.
- Played host for the meeting of the Archdiocese Ladies Guild.
- Contribution of RM200.00 to the St. Peter’s College Seminarian Fund.
- Involvement in the Alpha and Symbolon faith formation program.
- Weaving of Palm Crosses for distribution on Palm Sunday.
- 5 Guilds will represent the Parish to attend the East Malaysia Catholic Women Conference which is held every 3 years.
- Co-host with the Youth Ministry for ‘Coffee Morning’ on every 3rd Sunday after morning mass.
- Recycling Project to create a “green awareness” with money collected going to the Guild’s fund.
|Ms Elizabeth Kho|